iHealth Clinic Notice of Privacy Practices
At iHealth Clinic, your privacy and protected health information is protected by the following policies and by federal and state laws. This Notice explains your legal rights about what is included in your health record. All employees of iHealth Clinic must follow this Notice with the goal of protecting your privacy. iHealth Clinic has the right to change this Notice without first notifying you. Such changes would affect health information that we already manage. iHealth Clinic creates and maintains a record of your protected health information and may include information received from other healthcare providers that are not affiliated with iHealth Clinic.
iHealth Clinic is required by law to:
- Make sure that information that identifies you is kept private and is used in accordance with this Notice as currently in effect
- Make available to you this Notice that describes the ways iHealth Clinic may use and share your health information as well as your rights under the law about your health information.
How iHealth Clinic may use and share your health information
iHealth Clinic may use and share your health information in order to:
- Provide you with medical treatment and services
- Coordinate your care, which may include sharing records to other medical providers or your insurance company
- Comply with the law
- Meet special situations, such as public health or safety
Ways that we may use and share your health information with others without your consent:
- Treatment: iHealth Clinic may use your health information to help provide medical services to you. We may also share your health information with other healthcare providers or people who provide treatment to you.
- Health Care Operations: iHealth Clinic may use and share your health information so that we can better operate the iHealth Clinic organization.
- Business Associates: iHealth Clinic may share your health information to other organizations that are “business associates” who are assigned to perform services on our behalf. These “business associates” must agree in writing to protect the confidentiality of your information.
- Special Situations: there are certain situations that Federal and State (Pennsylvania) law requires us to use or share your health information with others. Below is a list of such situations but is not a complete listing.
- To prevent a serious threat to health or safety: we may use and share your health information with other persons who may be able to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the health and safety of you, the public or another person. Pennsylvania law currently requires such disclosure when an individual or group has been identified as a target for potential harm.
- Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors: iHealth Clinic may share your health information with a coroner, medical examiner or funeral director to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death or for any other reasons permitted by law.
- Medical Insurances: while iHealth Clinic will not share your health information with your healthcare insurance to receive payment, iHealth Clinic may be required to send documentation to your healthcare insurance in order to help approve payments for certain testing, referrals, medications or other benefits.
Your legal rights regarding your health information
You have the following rights:
- Right to ask to see and request a copy of your medical record
You have the right to request and obtain a copy of your completed medical record unless your healthcare provider believes that disclosure of that information may harm you. iHealth Clinic may charge a fee for processing your request. Requests for a copy of your medical records must be done in writing, signed and dated to iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206.
- Right to ask that incorrect or incomplete information in your health information be corrected
You have the right to request for your health information to be corrected/amended if you feel that any health information may be incomplete or incorrect. Requests for any corrections or amendments of your medical records must be done in writing, signed and dated to iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206.
- Right to ask for a list of all people and organizations who iHealth Clinic disclosed your health information to, subject to limits permitted by law
You have the right to obtain a list of entities that have received or accessed your health information. This record may not include disclosures made available for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations. Requests for a list of all people and organizations who iHealth Clinic disclosed your health information must be done in writing, signed and dated to iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206. Requests must include the time frame from which you would like the list to start and cannot be longer than six year from the date of request.
- Right to ask iHealth Clinic to limit how we use and share your health information without your consent
You have the right to request for your health information to be restricted. There may be circumstances where you may wish to restrict your health information from being shared with others who may be involved in your healthcare. iHealth Clinic is not required to agree to such requests if unreasonable or if such requests would prohibit proper functioning of health care operations. Requests for any restrictions on your health record must be done in writing, signed and dated to iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206.
- Right to ask for confidential communications
You have the right to ask for communication to you by certain means or at a certain location. For example, you may request that iHealth Clinic only contacts you at work or by postal mail. Requests for confidential forms of communication must be done in writing, signed and dated to iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206. Such requests do not need to include reasons or explanations of why you would like such communications.
- Right to ask for a paper copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices
You have the right to a paper copy of this Notice. You may obtain a paper copy of this Notice through verbal requests at any iHealth Clinic location or in writing at iHealth Clinic, 6008 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206.
Violation of privacy rights
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint. iHealth Clinic will not retaliate against you for filing such a complaint and there is not penalization for filing such a complaint. You may file a complaint at: US Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Ave. S.W., Washington, DC 20201.
Changes to this Notice
iHealth Clinic reserves the right to change this Notice. An up to date Notice will be present on our website at www.iHealth.clinic/privacypolicy.